Warning to revelers as potentially dangerous fake vodka is seized in Grimsby
Members of the public are being warned about bottles of potentially dangerous fake vodka, after North East Lincolnshire Council's trading standards team tested products being sold locally.
The warning comes as bottles of Chekov vodka were seized from a retailer in Grimsby have been tested and found to be fake. The product is a counterfeit version of a genuine product sold legally.
General signs to be wary of when buying a bottles of vodka include:
• The label on a bottle may be at an odd angle
• The label may feel bumpy and there may be glue around the edges
• It might be an unfamiliar brand name
• Spelling mistakes on the label
• No manufacturer or importer name and address