Customs destroy P95-M worth of smuggled cigarettes
SUBIC BAY FREEPORT: The Bureau of Customs-Port of Subic destroyed P95 million worth of smuggled cigarettes and disposed of “overstaying” containerized cargoes last Thursday, May 12.
Port of Subic District Collector Maritess Martin said the condemned cargoes were part of the nine 40-footer container vans, three of which contained the cigarettes consigned to Goldlink Int’l. Subic Inc., which was seized last year.
The other six containers, reportedly containing assorted household goods and personal effects, were declared “overstaying,” or their owner had failed to claim them after an extended period.
Customs personnel brought the nine containers to the Greenleaf 88 Non-hazardous Waste Disposal facility in Pampanga for shredding, crushing and dumping. These are the approved disposal processes.
Martin assures the public that it will continue to implement measures to dispose of overstaying containers to ensure the unhampered flow of goods in the Port while remaining steadfast in its campaign against smuggling.
Related Posts
Trio sentenced after half a million cigarettes smuggled into country
Three men have been jailed after almost half a million cigarettes were smuggled...
Customs seize N359m contraband goods
The Nigeria Customs Service, Federal Operations Unit, Zone C, Owerri, Imo State,...
Gold over Rs 70 lakh hidden in passengers rectum seized at Trichy airport , 1.25 kg of gold found in Chennai airport
In two separate incidents of gold smuggling , security officials have recovered...
Global Anti-Counterfeit Packaging Market Set to Grow at a CAGR of over 15% by 2020, Says Technavio
Technavio analysts forecast the global anti-counterfeit packaging market to reach...