RM2mil worth of contraband cigarettes seized in Kepong Baru
KUALA LUMPUR: The Central Brigade General Operations Force (GOF) crippled a cigarette-smuggling syndicate with the seizure of 8,207 cartons of various brands of the contraband, estimated to be worth RM2mil, in Kepong Baru, here, on Monday (May 9).
Cheras PGA Central Brigade commander Senior Asst ZulkifliJonit, in a statement, said a 55-year-old local man had been detained to assist investigation.
He said apart from the cigarettes, the PGA team also seized a mobile phone and an Isuzu D Max four-wheel-drive vehicle.
The syndicate is believed to have turned a rented house in a housing estate into a store to keep the smuggled cigarettes, he said, adding that the raid was conducted at the premises at about 11am.
He advised the public with information on smuggling activities to inform the police or the relevant authorities.- Bernama
Related Posts
Charges over £3 million worth of illicit cigarettes
A MAN has appeared in court accused of being involved in smuggling £3 million...
Snapdeal takes down fake shoe from site
Running an online marketplace is by no means a cakewalk, especially when there is...
Assam Rifles seizes cigarettes smuggled from Myanmar
Aizawl, Jun 14 (IANS): Assam Rifles troopers on Tuesday seized foreign-origin...
Teenage couple caught smuggling tobacco at Leeds Bradford Airport
A TEENAGE couple were caught trying to smuggle tobacco valued at more than...